I took this image at a Farmer’s Market in downtown Chicago. As I strolled through the Market I pulled out my iPhone 4S and clicked away!! I decided I was just going to ‘play’ with this image, not spend a lot of time and just have fun!! I have had the texture for a long time and I don’t have a link for it. There are many websites where you can get free textures. If you would like me to post some of the links please let me know.
After ~ Please click on the image to see the full effect.
- Select an image and duplicate it.
- Complete basic edits, cropping etc.
- Open Topaz Lens Effects. In the Effects Panel click on Filters – Diffusion. In the Presets Panel click on Generous.
- Click OK. This will take you back to PSE.
- Lower the Opacity of the Lens Effects layer to your liking.
- Pick a texture. You may have to try several different ones. The texture should be your top layer.
- Chose a blend mode. I used Soft Light and lowered the opacity.
- CMD + option + shift + E on a Mac or CTL + option + shift + E on a PC to make a composite layer.
Have Fun and Enjoy!!