I really had fun with this image!! This was taken with my Nikon D80. I tried a number of different edits, deleted them, tried more and finally ended up with this image. Let me know what you think of the finished product.
Click to see the completed image
Workflow ~ Here’s the ORIGINAL image
1. Duplicate your image.
2. Next I cropped my image.
3. Run The Coffee Shop Mocha Velvet Black & White Action.
4. I added my favorite my favorite Chocolate Texture by Kimi.
Open a new layer above your image.
Open the Color Picker and use the hex code 3f2c02 (Chocolate Brown)
Fill blank layer with the Chocolate Brown
Change Blend Mode to Soft Light
Reduce the opacity to your liking
5. Next I added Captain Kimo’s Texture #9 (the textures are part of the ebook package).
6. Then I opened Topaz B & W Effects. I then went to the Van Dyke Brown Collection and chose the Wenge Dynamic Effect.
7. I made a composite layer ~ CMD + option + shift + E on a Mac or CTL + ALT + shift + E on a PC.
8. I then used a grayscale Mask to create the edges. This is just one website that I found where you can download Free Grayscale Masks. Open the mask and place it above the composite layer.
9. Next I added a color fill layer ~ Layer then New FIll Layer ~ Solid Color and check ‘use previous layer to create clipping mask’ and pick a color from the Color Picker for the background.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
As always please remember if you choose to use any of the links or tutorials on this blog that you give credit to the author.