Textures, Textures and More Textures!!
It’s no secret…I love textures!! I came across this awesome website with oil painting textures, png files, brushes, tutorials and much more. Leslie Nicole at French Kiss Textures has put a lot of time and love into her website. She runs great sales and has a FREEBIE Collection as well.
I used her Purple Prose Texture which is FREE when you sign up for her newsletter.
While this may look difficult it is not!!
Workflow in PSE9
1. Choose your texture and the image of your choice.
2. The texture is on the top layer with the image beneath it.
3. I changed the blend mode of the texture to Overlay and lowered the Opacity so the image shows through.
4. Next, with the texture layer turned off, I added a white mask to the image layer and with a black brush painted away the parts of the image I didn’t want included.
5. I lowered the Opacity of the image layer until I got the look that I wanted.
For this image the Opacity of the texture layer is 41% and the Opacity of the image layer is 45%. That’s all there is to it!!
Please let me know if you have any questions.
As always please remember if you choose to use any of the links or tutorials on this blog that you give credit to the author.