Blog Button Frustration
I was asked recently if I had a ‘Grab Button’ on my blog where the HTML code could be copied and a clickable image would show up on their blog. Since I didn’t have one I set out on a search to find out how to create it. There are a lot of things I can do but HTML coding in not one of them!! After several hours, a number of web searches and a lot of frustration I decided I would just go without one. Being the person I am I couldn’t give up so easily and gave it one last try. I couldn’t believe my eyes, I actually found a website where I didn’t have to try to write HTML…it did it for me!! So for any of my blogging friends new, old and yet to be here is the website just in case you want a ‘Grab Button’ of your own.
My new ‘Grab Button’ can be found on the right sidebar thanks to Grab My Button Code Generator.
Workflow to create image for ‘Grab Button”
1. Duplicate image.
2. Resize to 125 x 125 px. You can go up to 150 x 150 px but too much larger might not fit in the sidebar.
3. I added the text and then added a slight bevel and drop shadow to the text.
4. Upload image to your blog and copy the URL of the image.
5. Here’s the magic!! Go to Grab My Button Code Generator, add your info and follow the directions.
6. In WordPress add the HTML code in a Text Widget. I haven’t used Blogger in a long time so I don’t remember how to add it there. If you have Blogger and would like to leave the instructions here that would be great.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
As always please remember if you choose to use any of the links or tutorials on this blog that you give credit to the author.