Butterflies are my second favorite subject to photograph. This photograph was taken with my Nikon D80 and has been sitting on my computer for 4 years. I love the butterfly in this image but I couldn’t decide how to change the very blah background. I have become quite the ‘texture’ addict and decided to see what I could do. The textures I used here are from French Kiss Collection and I did purchase them. You can find free textures at Shadowhouse Creations, Rita’s Coffee Shop or do a Google search to find free textures to use as well.
!. Duplicate image.
2. Edit your image to your liking.
3. Open a texture of your choice. I used FrenchKiss Collection’s Artiste Flower Garden. I changed the Blend Mode to Overlay and lowered the Opacity to 66%.
4. Next I used the eraser set at 28% Opacity and erased the parts of the texture where I wanted to see more of the subject.
5. I found a second texture that I wanted to use as an overlay. I choose French Kiss Collection Artiste Bold Brush 1, changed the Blend Mode to Soft Light and left the Opacity at 100%.
6. I created a composite layer ~ CMD + option + shift + E on a Mac or CTL + ALT + shift + E on a PC. That’s it!!
Please let me know if you have any questions.
As always please remember if you choose to use any of the links or tutorials on this blog that you give credit to the author.