Fall is upon us and after a much needed rain my iPhone 4S and I set out to see what we could find to photograph. While talking to my neighbor I looked in her bushes and saw this web, which really isn’t very visible, with this leaf longing to have it’s picture taken!! I couldn’t decide what to do in post processing so I just played a bit.
1. Duplicate image and do your normal edits.
2. I chose Topaz Labs Black & White Effects . Then I chose the Opalotype Collection Effect and then the Milk Memories Preset which creates a white vignette.
3. I used the Finishing Touches Tab and made my adjustments to the vignette. When I was finished I clicked OK and returned to PSE9.
4. I added a mask to the completed Topaz Black & White Layer. The mask should be white and be sure the mask is highlighted.
5. Make sure the default foreground color is black. To do this you can use the “D” on your keyboard or click on the arrow above the default colors.
6. Choose a soft paint brush and with black as the foreground color carefully paint on the white mask to reveal any colors you want to show through from the layer underneath. You can change the opacity of the brush to reveal more color or less color.
7. Create a composite layer ~ CMD + option + shift + E on a Mac or CTL + ALT + shift + E on a PC.
8. Save your PSD file, if you choose to. I always save it.
9. Save your image as JPG.
9. I then added Steve Rich’s MJ Blur Action by opening up the JPG file and running the action.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
As always please remember if you choose to use any of the links or tutorials on this blog that you give credit to the author.