This image is quickly climbing to the top of my list of favorites!! The texture and overlay are from French Kiss Connections. I’m going to show you how I did this and also a screen shot of my Layer’s Palette. This was taken with my iPhone 4S.
Not a great image but I love the orange and I wanted to do something with it. This is SOOC.
1. Duplicate image and do your normal edits.
2. Choose a texture of your choice. I used French Kiss Collections Sunset from the Tableaux Collection. The texture is on Layer #2.
3. Hue and Saturation Adjustment Layer. I reduced the Saturation to -40.
4. I used the Eraser Tool and erased portions (see settings below) of the flower image without going right up to the flower creating a feathered edge around the flower. Opacity reduced to 30%. The flower layer goes above the Hue and Saturation Adjustment Layer.
5. For the finishing touches I downloaded French Kiss Collections FREE Action and Overlay. The action allows you to add color to a transparent PNG Overlay. The Vintage Check Overlay is placed above the image. Run the Action and select the color you want.
6. I created a composite layer ~ CMD + option + shift + E on a Mac or CTL + ALT + shift + E on a PC.
Screen Shot Layers Palette
That’s all there is to it. I know this seems complicated but it really is easy and allows your creativity to shine!!
Please let me know if you have any questions.
As always please remember if you choose to use any of the links or tutorials on this blog that you give credit to the author.