Completely Inside Elements
This is my newest attempt at post processing completely inside of PSE9. I never paid much attention to the Filters using them mostly to add a blur or add high pass sharpening and not using them to their full potential. The hardest part of doing this was choosing the right image. Follow along and let me know what you think!!
After using Filters
1. Duplicate image and do your normal edits.
2. Filter > Artistic > Underpainting > Brush 6 Texture Coverage 27 Texture is Sandstone Scaling 83% Relief 5 Light is Top
3. Add a white mask > set black as the foreground color > select a soft edge brush > brush set at Normal > Opacity 31% I brought back some of the original photograph by using the brush on the legs only
4. Create a composite layer ~ CMD + option + shift + E on a Mac or CTL + ALT + shift + E on a PC and duplicate the layer.
5. Filter > Artistic > Palette Knife > Stroke Size 37 > Stroke Detail 3 > Softness 7
6. Repeat Step 3.
7. Effects Panel > Layer Styles > Inner Glows > Simple
8. Click the ‘fx’ on the layer > Choose your settings. I used White > Size 55 px > Opacity 88%
Please let me know if you have any questions.
As always please remember if you choose to use any of the links or tutorials on this blog that you give credit to the author.