Milk Weed Pod
I dug deep into the archives for this image. This is another one that I have had for a while just waiting to find the perfect post processing for it. I’m glad I saved it!!
1. Duplicate image and do your normal edits. In addition to the edits I generally do I ran this through Topaz Clean using the DeGrunge Preset.
2. Pick a texture. I used French Kiss Textures Paysage texture from the Tableaux Collection. You can find Free textures at Shadowhouse Creations, Rita’s Coffee Shop, or a Google search will find more sites.
3. The texture layer should be layer 2 and should be above the duplicated image. I left the Blend Mode at Normal and reduced the Opacity to 40%
4. Add a white mask to the texture layer and use a black brush to paint away the unwanted parts of the texture changing the opacity accordingly.
5. Add a grunge texture overlay, change the blend mode to your liking and lower the opacity. I used Multiply and lowered the opacity to 85%. If you want to change the color of the overlay, add a Color Fill Adjustment Layer and clip it to the mask so it only changes the color of the mask. These are some free Overlays from French Kiss Textures or you can do a Google search.
6. Create a composite layer ~ CMD + option + shift + E on a Mac or CTL + ALT + shift + E on a PC.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
As always please remember if you choose to use any of the links or tutorials on this blog that you give credit to the author.