More Texture Fun!!
As you have figured out by now I LOVE playing with textures!! Steve Rich posted an image on Facebook using one of Lenabem-Anna’s textures. Of course I had to go right to the website to check out the FREE textures and once again I was hooked!! I choose Lenabem-Anna’s Old Book 2 texture to play with first. This is done completely inside Elements 11.
1. Duplicate image and do your normal edits.
2. Choose your texture and add your image.
3. Duplicate texture and place above image. (Background layer is texture. Layer 1 is image. Layer 2 is background.)
4. Change the Blend Mode to Darken. If your image isn’t dark enough you can duplicate the layer.
5. I duplicated the top texture layer a couple of times to darken and merged the layers then changed the Blend Mode to Screen.
6. On the top texture layer I took the Eraser on lower Opacity, I used 16%, and erased some of the middle of the pages.
7. On the same layer I used the Burn Tool on the center of the pages to darken the crease and also around the edges of the book.
8. Dodge and burn other areas as desired.
9. My last step was adding a FREE paper texture from CG Textures. I changed the Blend Mode to Linear Light and set the Opacity to 27%.
I created a composite layer ~ CMD + option + shift + E on a Mac or CTL + ALT + shift + E on a PC.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
As always please remember if you choose to use any of the links or tutorials on this blog that you give credit to the author.